General Clinical Services
General Adult Psychotherapy
We provide short- to moderate-term psychotherapy on an outpatient basis. We work with the full range of mental health conditions with the exception of individuals who require acute or emergency interventions. Our specialties include cognitive-behavioral, interpersonal, and integrative approaches to psychotherapy. We serve clients who experience issues with anxiety (e.g., social anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, obsessive hoarding/cluttering, panic disorder, generalized anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder), mood (depression, bipolar disorder, seasonal depression), relationship or family difficulties, couples issues, as well as general mental health problems and issues of life-stress.
Child, Adolescent & Family Psychotherapy
Our clinic provides child, adolescent, and family therapy. Our services can focus on individual psychotherapy for children and adolescents, parenting support counseling and parenting training, school consultations, family therapy, or an integration of any of the above. We serve children who suffer from depression, behavioral difficulties, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and anxiety symptoms. We also can help with parenting issues, parent-child / parent-adolescent conflict, difficulties with peers, difficulties at school, difficulties coping with stressful events, self-esteem issues, family problems/conflict, bereavement, and toileting problems.
Low-Fee Psychological Assessment Program
We operate a low-fee assessment program that provides reduced cost psychological assessments to members of the campus and off-campus community who meet income eligibility criteria. A member of our specialized assessment clinical team can conduct full psychological assessment batteries (cognitive and emotional testing), neuropsychological testing, learning disability assessments, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) assessments. We can consult with parents and schools about educational accommodations and coping with academic difficulties.
Weight Management Program
The Weight Management Program focuses on lifestyle change that promotes weight loss by reducing calories, increasing physical activity, and changing the way you think weight loss and healthy eating. We know how important social support is to successfully losing weight. This program includes a social support component so group members can help keep each other motivated and on track.
- Groups are held in the fall and spring.
- Sessions are held in small groups (~12-15) once a week for 6 weeks with 6 bi-weekly sessions.
- Sessions are 2 hours long.
- Sessions integrate didactic and discussion-based learning and cover important information related to eating, exercise, and weight loss, as well as psychological skills to help combat problematic thinking that may get in the way of making healthy choices.
- The cost of the program is $150.
- Participants will be asked to practice new skills and actively support each other between sessions.
Other Speciality Services
- Adult survivors of childhood trauma
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Depression and sadness
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Substance use management
- Couples’ issues
- Adjustment issues